Work in Spain June 2021 - Nov. 2021

BEST SUMMER EVER!

4 months in Spain. Doesn't that sound good? Well, I can tell it was absolutely AMAZING! But it was definitely not my plan in the first place. I was actually supposed to work for TUI as an entertainer for a hotel in Crete this Summer. Due to several things I figured out and heard from others, I canceled everything last minute. The day before my flight to Crete. I was so upset and cried most of that day. I had packed al my stuff already, had my covid test and got my vaccine and I had a goodbye party for all my friends already. I also quit my job for this job so I didn't know what to do. Later in the afternoon I reset my mind finally. I decided to just book a random flight to somewhere in Spain and go look for a job there. I decided to fly to Malaga and booked a B&B for 2 nights to be able to contact some companies etc. When I came downstairs to tell my family they were so happy and proud of me! I felt so relieved they were totally fine with me taking a risk to just go to Spain and look for work. I don't know why, but I felt like it was all gonna be all right and I wouldn't have to worry. I was so excited. It had been on my bucket list for a while to fly somewhere and look for work, but I never actually did it. Now finally I did! 


July 1st: Malaga here I come!

July 1st I flew to Malaga. My parents and sister dropped me at the airport. While waiting at the airport, I was looking for some options to do entertainment work for hotels in Spain. I uploaded my resume to some organizations. As soon as I got to Malaga I received a call from a girl from the head office of Acttiv. This was one of the 3 organizations I uploaded my resume to. She explained me everything about Acttiv and told me I could start working in Mallorca in 2 days and fly there the next day already! This was an opportunity I didn't expect! For that reason I didn't have to think twice about the answer. HELL YES I'm gonna do this! I Looooooveeee Mallorca! I went there twice with my family about 6 and 8 years ago and it is still my favorite family trip! I was so excited! My family and friends were very surprised and happy I found something so fast! 


In love with Malaga!

July 2nd: Exploring Malaga

It was so hot last night that I barely slept. I woke up early to go for a run and this was amazing in this beautiful beach area! I was pretty sure my body would get used to this weather quite fast. I absolutely love Spanish culture and felt like home right away, even though I just got here. I worked on the course for Acttiv to be able to become an entertainer for them and fly to Mallorca tomorrow. Besides this, I walked around a lot to enjoy the city and the beach. I really like Malaga! I chilled at the beach for a bit and tried a Spanish pastry named 'Bara'. After this it was time to pack my stuff and go to the airport. I met a girl named Paula because she was also going to Mallorca and work for Acttiv and we stayed in a hotel together for one night because we arrived very late at night and then we would go to the hotel we were going to work for the next morning. She was going to work for a different hotel in Cala D'or which was 1 hour drive unfortunately and I was going to work for 'Beach Club Font de sa Cala' in Font de sa Cala, close to Cala Ratjada. 

Arrived in Mallorca!


July 3rd: Mallorca Here I come!!

It took a few years, but I'm back in Mallorca! Around noon I arrived in Manacor and there I had to wait for a bus which only came every 2 hours because it was Saturday, so I had to wait. Luckily my new chief picked me up when I got to Cala Ratjada. When we got to the hotel I had a very warm welcome which was absolutely amazing! Never expected something like this! Everyone presented themselves to me and we talked for a bit and then I could take my stuff and go to my room. Obviously entertainers didn't have the nicest rooms of the hotel and we had our own shared big balcony, but y room was quite ok despite it had no bathroom door... I was very tired but decided to go for a little walk to explore the area a bit and it was so beautiful everywhere! Across the hotel was a beach which was very nice and about 45 mins walk was Cala Ratjada. I had dinner with the team at the restaurant of the hotel which was nice and it turned out we could eat here 3 times per day and choose whatever we wanted from the buffet! That was so nice! Tomorrow will be my first workday!

So happy to be back!


July 4th: First workday 

Today it was my first workday! I woke up very early as always to go for a run. This actually took me a little longer than usual because of all the hills here. But the landscape was so beautiful everywhere! After this I took a shower and at half past 9 I had breakfast with my tea. So nice we are always eating together and that we are allowed to eat from the buffet! Together with Lukas (boy from Czech Republic) I did aqua gym today and I did the miniclub pool activity in the afternoon. In the evening I helped with the minidisco which was so funny because we were all minions! I have never been on stage doing a minidisco before, only together with the kids without a stage. I was a little scared, but actually I loved it! I loved seeing all those happy faces of the kids. Made me so happy. Tomorrow and the day after I am off already and I would love to discover new places around here! I also called with some friends and family to tell them about my first workday. My team seems amazing so far and I hope I'll have a great time here, but I'm pretty sure I will. There are also two little kids from Belgium who really like me and I have a good bond with them already!


July 5th: Day off!

Today I was off and I went for a run again in the morning and I still had breakfast with all my colleagues and after that I walked to Cala Ratjada with Marente (Dutch girl). Marente needed to go shopping so I joined. She bought quite a lot of clothes and after that we decided to grab a drink at a nice bar somewhere. We went to Tiki barn which was very lovely. After we came back we did our laundry and we went to the beach close to the hotel. When everyone finished work we went to a cafe next to the hotel which was very nice I tried a Sangria for the first time and it was soooo good!! Maybe I shouldn't have tried it cause I love it so much! We laughed so much about all the silly jokes from our chief! So funny!

First work day & Day off!


July 8th: Lost in the woods!

Today I went for a run as usually every morning, but today the end was not as fun as the other days... I went running in the forest and climbed rocks with indications, but then after a while there were no more indications so I didn't know where to go. And going back the same way was dangerous as it was very steep... The other problem was that I didn't have any service so I couldn't call anyone for help. I had a little panic moment unfortunately because I felt lost. Finally I decided to just go through the bushes and go down. It worked out luckily! Then I found a road and I could finally call someone. I called one of my colleagues, but because I was in the middle of know where, it would take too long for him to drive to me, so I had to come back myself. I had to go all the way back up. Finally I came to a road that was familiar to me. My legs were totally full of scrapes and small wounds, but I made it! Looking back it was quite an adventure, but not to repeat again! I was even back on time for work! We did little games in the pool with the kids and after that I did Ping Pong with the teens and mini golf. In the evening I did minidisco and this time we dressed up as pirates and acted like pirates which was so funny! I made my first little friend today! His name is Dre and he's 3 years old! He keeps calling and waving at me! So cute!


It's minidisco time!

July 11th: Cala Millor

Today I was off and this time I went running to the light house which has an amazing view over the isl After I took a shower I had breakfast with my team and then I looked where I wanted to go. I decided to go to Cala Millor. I Went here with my parents 8 years ago so I wanted to go back and see whether I remember things or not. It was quite a special vacation that time because it was the first time my sister and I went on a plane! I would've never thought I would be someone who would take the plane as much as I do now!! Insane! I was a little scared then, but now I'm not scared to fly at all! But I had so many flights already! Probably that's why. Cala Millor was beautiful! I still rememberd a few places around here! I also walked to the hotel we stayed at then, but some things changed obviously. It was warm today so I also relaxed at the beach for a bit and went to a few shops. AFter a few hours I was getting too hot so I decided to go back to the hotel. Turned out I walked 30,7 km in total today! On my day off!

Cala Millor Beach!

July 19th: My very first show!!

Yesterday it was finally the day of my very first show! I was sooooo excited! Last night was the premiere of the show Hocus Pocus. This was our self-made animation team show. Thanks to our amazing choreagrapher Lukas! Man, I still don't know how he came up with all these amazing ideas! The show is about the mascotte of the hotel named Fonty who makes a spell and then everything goes wrong because he sneezes the last time he says 'dreams come true'. The show contains many Disney figures including Snow White and the Queen, Cinderella, Cruella, Tarzan, Hercules and Aladdin. I was the Queen, Cruella and I was in the Tarzan dance as Jane together with three other girls. It was an amazing experience! Even though I was a little scared, especially for the jump at the end of the song for Cruella. But everything went pretty well for my first show! We even got a bottle of champagne from the hotel manager because he loved it so much! My team and I also enjoyed it and we are proud of what we did last night! We celebrated by getting a drink all together at the cafe next door! This was very nice!


My very first show!

July 25th: Frozen Yogurt!!

Today I was off and to begin my day I went for a run to the lighthouse again because of the wonderful view there. I really love the view and it calms me down. AFter this I went for breakfast with my team and I decided to stay close to the hotel today So I went to Cala Ratjada. I bought my favorite frozen yogurt here with caramal sauce and caramelized almonds. Sooooo delicious!! After this I enjoyed the afternoon at the beach!


FROZEN YOGURT!

July 27th: Cliff Jumping!!

Today I was off and I went to Cala Ratjada with Marente, but not by foot this time... This time we decided to be the real tourists and we took the little train to the city. It was so bumpy and funny at the same time. We laughed so much that our stomachs even hurt! Later Marente wanted to meet one of the guys she was talking to on Tinder and of course I had to go with her because she didn't want to go alone. And guess who was talking most with him and his friend? Me of course! Haha! We went cliff jumping and this was sooo cool! I never really did this before but I jumped of a 5 meter high cliff! It hurt my knee a little because the crust of my wound fell off when it reached the water with all the pressure... But at least the salty water was good for it! After this we went to the beach together which was also nice!


Another lovely day!

Agust 5th: Cala Mesquida!

Today I was off together with my colleagues Martina (from Italy) and Magdalena (From Poland). We definitely wanted to do something together and we decided last minute to take the bus to Cala Mesquida. I never went there before but I heard it is a wonderful beach to visit in Mallorca. And it definitely was wonderful! Really enjoyed this beach and together with the girls! We had so much fun and we rolled down a sand hill! So funny! After this we went out for dinner with some Italian hotel guests and we went to an Italian restaurant. We had a blast as they were only singing and dancing and even had other people dancing with us!

Cala Mesquida with Magdalena and Martina!

Crazy hike in Cala Agulla!

Today I was off again and this time I went for a hike together with a hotel guests from Belgium. I talked with him quite a lot (just as friends) and we wanted to go for a hike together. Never did this hike before but it was quite a pitty one as there were no indications sometimes. WE had a lot of fun tho and reallly enjoyed the view! Despite the clouds, it was still pretty warm and on top of the mountain it was cooler luckily. AMAZING VIEW! After this we had a well deserved frozen yogurt! A very nice day off again! Tomorrow I am going to do a boat tour with a few colleagues and the belgium family! Looking forward to it!

Crazy hike but beautiful view!


August 24th: Mommy is here!

YAASSS! Finally my mom is coming! I am soooo excited! Tuesday night she flew to Mallorca. As a surprise, I was waiting for her already at the airport. Actually I was already waiting for 3 hours... It is pretty annoying to get to the airport as I had to take many different busses and I had to wait a lot. So I decided to go on time. And my mom rented a car so I was waiting in line there already. She was so surprised when she saw me cause she really didn't expect me to be there! I said we had to hurry a bit if she wanted to see the show of my team tonight. I wasn't in this show cause this one was made before I arrived already. We finally got the car after 30 mins in line together and then we drove to the hotel. We ate something in the restaurant quick and then we were able to see the show. I unfortunately had to help with the stage lights but my mom really enjoyed the show! Lukas had a surprise for my chief because he was leaving back to Fuerteventura on Friday already. This was a very lovely performance and we finally got to see Lukas' great dancing skills! He is such a great performer, dancer and choreographer! Our new chief is a girl and she is very nice as well luckily! Her name is Lucia and she is also from the Netherlands. After the show we went out all together at Coco bar which was very nice! I finally went to Coco bar and WITH my mom! I usually don't get in there because it is full already but now finally we made it!


Sunrise!

August 25th: Little Road trip with my mom!

Road trip stop 1: Palma

Today we were out of the hotel the whole day! At 8:30 we left to Palma to see some beautiful buildings there and to go shopping. I needed quite a lot of summer clothes so it was very beneficial for me that my mom was here! After we went shopping we had lunch together at a cute cafe and then we went to the Cathedral. Pobe Espanyol and Castillo de Bellver with an amazing view. It was a little cloudy sometimes but this was the perfect hiking weather!


So glad my mom is here!

Road trip stop 2: Valldemossa 

AFter we went to Palma we went to a very cute little town named Valldemossa. Here we walked around for about an hour through antique little streets. So nice! And many cute little stores as well! Definitely a must to visit whenever you're in Mallorca!


Valldemossa was so cute!

Roadtrip stop 3: Deia

AFter our stop in Valldemossa we left to Deia to drink something at a nice beach bar I found on the internet. It was an amazing view over the sea and it looked a bit like the movie Mamma Mia because of all the small boats that were laying there. We really enjoyed our stop here!

Amazing Drink stop in Deia!

Roadtrip stop 4: Soller

After our stop in Deia we drove to Soller to visit this little town. It was very cute with the shops and the church. There was a small train that went right through the city and there were umbrella's hanging above us everywhere upside down. So cute!


I've never seen so many umbella's!

Roadtrip stop 5: Cuber

AFter Soller we drove along Cuber lake and this was also very beautiful!! It was a lake between the mountains. When we drove up the mountains more and we saw the beautiful sunset! It was very special to see this with an amazing view with my mom! 

What a wonderful lake!

Roadtrip stop 6: Sa Calobra & Caimari

AFter Cuber we drove to Sa Calobra which is a little harbor place where we wanted to have dinner. Unfortunately to our big surprise everything was closed already at 7:30 PM! So weird! And we were so hunry! So we decided to drive in the direction of the hotel. But this was still 2.5 hours drive! We passed a few gas stations but there was no supermarket... We were really in the middle of know where... AFter driving more than 1,5 hour we finally saw some lights which turned out to be a restaurant. It looked very cute so we just went there. The food was amazing too even though we had our dinner at 10::30 PM. But this was definitely worth it!



Thanks for this amazing day mom!

August 27th: Boat tour to Cabrera Island

Today I went on a boat tour to Cabrera Island with my mom! I was sooo excited for this trip! We went on a speed boat which took 1,5 hour to get to Cabrera Island because we made a stop when we saw dolphins! What an amazing animals! wish I could have my own! Cabrera Island was beautiful! We walked around a bit and when we went back to our beginning point in Mallorca, we stopped on our way at a very cool blue cave. I never saw something like this! We went swimming in this cave and spotted very cool fish! AFter our boat tour we went to Cala Pi which was a very beautiful beach! It was very hot so we didn't stay too long but the water was very clear and the nature was wonderful!

One of the best boat trips ever!

August 30th: Last day with my amazing dream team!

Man. I am so sad. But unfortunately I have to leave my amazing team at Beach Club Font de sa Cala... We are with too many entertainers currently because we only have 300 guests left now and we are with 12 entertainers so some of us had to leave. I felt it was going to be me already because I arrived later than the rest but I was still very said cause I had never had such a great team before! And I definitely didn't want to leave them already... But I had to go to Cala D'or (1 hour drive from Beach Club) for 2 weeks and then I had to go to Ibiza for the last 1,5 month. That actually sounded pretty cool to me too! Last night I went to Cala Ratjada with my team for the last time which was amazing! This morning I had to leave and luckily my mom was still here to drive me there. We enjoyed our day in Cala D'or. We also drove to Cala Bona and Cala Varques but it was raining unfortunately... Later after dinner I went to my hotel and Kasia (my new chief) was waiting to welcome me at the hotel. I was a little nervous but it turned out my new colleagues were very nice as well! Some Polish people, one from Italy, one from Czech Republic and one from Venezuela. All very nice tho! We went for a drink all together which was very nice and I got to knew everyone a little better already!


Thanks for everything guys! You are the best team ever!

August 31st: First workday at my new hotel!

Today I had my first workday already! I was mainly supposed to work in the mini club Kasia told me, but there were no kids the last weeks or just one so I was scared I would be bored here. But luckily I was allowed to join with the adult activities with my other colleagues. We did stretching and aqua gym but not many people wanted to join unfortunately. I think it is because there are mainly older people who just come here to relax and enjoy there vacation. The view from the hotel here is amazing tho! The water looks so clear and people are supboarding or canoeing which is great to see! Also the sunset looks great from here.

View from Barcelo Ponent Playa

September 3rd: It's showtime

This Friday I had my first show already at the new hotel... We were going to do 'The Greatest Showman'. I was very stressed because I had to learn this show in only 2 days. Although it was just 3 dances and playbacks, it was still pretty hard. Especially 'Thriller' from Michael Jackson. I also had to playback the first song of the show so I really didn't want to mess up because that would mess up the whole show. So I practiced 30 times and then I finally knew the lyrics! It went pretty well luckily and my colleagues did a great job! After the show we drank something with the whole team and our new chief Pedro from Dominican Republic. Kasia had to go back to Poland to work so we have another chief now. He's very nice and funny! Kasia came too and she was trying to speak Dutch and that sounded like Chinese to me! Haha!


Showtime!

5 September: On the boat again

Today I went on a boat again! So ideal to be entertainer and get free boat tours like this sometimes!! I joined for free again and enjoyed the whole trip including a swim stop with a big slide in the sea and the destination was Mondrago. I think I have been there with my parents before but I couldn't really remember it. It was very beautiful and it was a little cloudy but warm! At 6 PM I got back to the hotel and I had dinner with my team. After the show we had a little goodbye party for Kasia and this was very nice! We played some games and drank wine together! Gonna miss you Kasia!


Another beautiful day!

September 6th: No risk no fun right?

Yes, like it says already: No risk no fun... I was off today and after a long and late night last night I still decided to go for a run at 8:30 AM. It was a nice run! I did a little workout as well and then I went to the Spar to buy an iced coffee and after this I took the bus to Santanyi. This is a very cute little city in the South of Mallorca. But after a few hours I was done there already and I didn't know what to do, so I decided to walk to the nearest beach. This was 1,5 hour walk so it was not too bad but I didn't have water anymore and there was nothing near me so I just had to keep walking. I was very exhausted but When I finally got to the beach I knew again why I wanted to go here. It was such a beautiful beach called 'Cala Santanyi' and I really enjoyed the rest of the day here! Later I walked back to the bus station and I went back to the hotel.

A day in Santanyi!


September 10th: Night with my team!

Today after our last show we went for a drink all together in the city. Klara and I decided to get some ice cream somewhere and I found a frozen yogurt place which also had waffels, crepes etc. I got my frozen yogurt again and Klara tried the bubble waffle. It was delicious as always! Later Klara, Kasia, Julia and another girl named Emilia and I went to the harbor. Emilia is Polish as well and I think she knew Julia and Klara already. She works on a yacht here in Mallorca and travels to Manacor and Ibiza sometimes. I was very interested in her stories about her jobs and it sounds like she has my dream job! Even though she has to work hard, she still has plenty of days off to explore the nature around her. It was a very lovely girls night!

Nights with my team are like...


September 11th: Last days in Mallorca

Can't believe it! 2,5 months flew by like it just took 2 hours! It feels like I took the plane to Malaga yesterday and just landed on Mallorca today! What an unforgettable experience I've had here so far! And this was never expected to be so great! I am so lucky to be able to get this amazing experience and get the chance to work with these amazinig people! 2 months I had the best team ever in Beach Club Font de sa Cala and I am still in touch with some of them! I miss them a lot and was so sad I had to leave them already. Luckily my new team in Cala D'or was also very nice and I got to visit wonderful new places as well. Now it's time for the next adventure in Ibiza. Today I went on a paddle board one last time with Klara and we watched the sunrise this morning which was amazing! Tomorrow I am going to Ibiza! Excited!!!


Last days in Mallorca!

September 12th: Ibiza here I come!

Yesss! Today it was finally time to fly to Ibiza! I watched one last sunrise in Mallorca at a secret spot with Klara and I can't describe how wonderful and special this was! No one was here! It was so calming to only hear the sea and watch the sun coming up. We sat there for half an hour and then we decided to get breakfast at the hotel. I packed my stuff last night already and I was ready to go. The people at the reception are so sweet and they said they were gonna miss me and they loved me so much! So sweet! Two people from my team even woke up especially for me to say goodbye! So nice of them! I'm going to miss you all guys! Even though it was just 2 weeks I got to spend with them, they were still special to me! At 9:00 AM I was picked up with the shuttle bus to the airport. The weather was very bad... at 1:00 PM I arrived in Ibiza after a 30 min flight! Unfortunately I had to wait for the shuttle to my hotel for 45 mins but my new chief and colleague were waiting for me when I arrived. They seem very nice and I'm sure we are gonna have fun together! This hotel was a partner of Corendon which meant that there were mostly Dutch guests. So the minidisco songs were also in Dutch and my Chief was even Dutch! 


Hotel Marble Stella Maris

September 15th: Exploring Ibiza!

Today was my first day off and I used it very well to explore the city. This morning I was at the small gym of the hotel for 2 hours and then I walked to Sant Antonio. On my way I went to the Lidl (my fav grocery store) to buy a salad and some snacks for the day and then UI walked further to the city. It is quite a nice city even though people from here think differently. I walked around a lot and went to a few beaches. Crazy to see how expensive beach beds are here! Some are just $20 but some places only give them for $2000 and then you get a bottle of Vodka and wine... Lol, no thanks! Even though it was cloudy, I still enjoyed the day because it was way too warm sometimes in Mallorca, and this can be annoying sometimes when you're working outside. Later I walked back to the hotel and I couldn't resist the Frozen Yogurt shop I passed by. This was so good!!

Exploring Sant Antonio

September 24th: Eivissa!

Today I was off and I decided to walk to Sant Antonio again after my daily workout. There I took the bus to Ibiza City (Eivissa). This took just half an hour and was only 2,10! And like Dutch people would say: That's better than paying 10 times more for the taxi to get there only 10 mins earlier... When I got to the city I walked around a lot at the port and then to the old town. The old town of Eivissa is definitely the most worthy visiting because it is so beautiful and it has many historic aspects and there are local restaurants and shops here too. I love walking around alone and check out tiny paths or streets where not many people are. The only risk I take then is that I get lost, but getting lost is also exciting sometimes and there will always be a way out, (speaking of experience!!) Sometimes I had the feeling I was on a Greek island because of the white houses with blue windows and blue roofs. The trees and flowers are wonderful here! I walked to the Castle on top and from there the view was incredible! I also finally found silver earrings after 2,5 months!  When I got back to the hotel and ate something, I went out with Judith and Gonzalo and this was very nice! Crazy that clubs are opened here and in The Netherlands nothing is opened!


A day in Eivissa!

September 25th: Beach Day in Cala Bassa

Today I was off too and I was looking forward to a beach and relax day after all the walking yesterday. I walked to the bus station in Sant Antonio again and this time I took the bus to Cala Bassa. I heard from some hotel guests that this was a very nice beach not too far. They were definitely right! Wow what a cool place! There was a part of the sea surrounded by rocks which looked really cool! The beach was very lovely and the sea was clear, but unfortunately there were many jellyfish today so swimming was not really a great option. The weather was amazing! At 55 I decided to walk to the bus station but now I had to walk 40 mins because it didn't stop at the beach again... Google maps told me to go through a forest which I was very surprised about because usually it doesn't show these ways through forests. I could see the sun was pretty strong today when I got back to the hotel and figured out how red I became today... Later I had dinner at Bam-Bu-Ku with Judith and we were allowed to go in the pool there as well! Later we went to the beach and when Judith had to go back for her online school meeting, I watched the sunset and spotted 2 wild dolphins! So cool! These are still my favorite animals!

Cala Bassa!

September 26th: My favorite Kiddos!

Today I promised to let my biggest fan Kane to help me as an entertainer and organize activities for the kids. I also allowed his friend to join. I gave them both a shirt they could wear all day. Kane is a 3 year old boy and he is totally crazy about me. He loves me and I love him too! What a cutie! He only wants to go to the mini club when I am there and the same for the minidisco. There are more kids like him haha! It's crazy to see how many kids really like me! I love it! I am going to miss them so much! Kane absolutely loved helping me today! It was great having his help! Gonna miss him so much when he's gone!!


Cuties!

October 1st: New record number of steps!

Yeah, Dutchies can be crazy sometimes! Today Judith and I decided to walk all the way to Ibiza City which was 20 km. The weather seemed perfect as it wasn't too hot and there were clouds. We packed enough fruit and water and there we went! Judith brought a music box luckily so we could sing along the way. It was quite an adventure walking right next to the highway and people were honking to us. But we didn't care! We had a blast singing song on our way and talking and at the same time we could enjoy the view sometimes. After 3 hours we finally had our stop to use the bathroom and buy a bar to get some energy. Then we could almost see the city. After 4,5 hours of walking, we finally made it!! And we were so proud we made it! We were very hungry but really wanted to eat in the old town which was 20 mins walk. We had a late lunch at a mexican restaurant and we shared tuna tartar and a salad with avocado which were both yummy! Later we went to the beach and Judith had to pick up something at a friend's house. He is actually a pretty famous model and actor so that was pretty cool! At the end of the day I saw I made 50156 steps in total! This is my record! 40,5 km! Probably also because I went running in the morning and because I walked in Ibiza and from Sant Antonio to the hotel but still I was proud!


New record number of steps!


October 2nd: O' beach club!

Yesterday I started my day a little later to go to the gym with Toinee. He is one of our hotel guests and I had a good bond with him and a few other people of my age;. He is a personal Trainer from Amsterdam and he wanted to give me one workout. It was a nice but short workout for me as I usually go 2 hours. Later we decided with a group to go to O'beach in Sant Antonio to spend the day here. This is a very nice luxe and very expensive beach bar many people and celebrities go to. I really wanted to go there but I was so afraid to spend so much money.. But I tried to think it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I should just do it. It was an amazing day tho! Despite the clouds it was great to experience this cool bar and have some drinks with Judith and some other Dutch guests. After this at 8 PM we went back to the hotel. I wanted to walk because the sunset was very pretty tonight and I really wanted to see it!


O'beach!

October 12th: Cala Salada

Today I was off and I walked 1,5 hour to get to Cala Salada. A very wonderful beach close to the hotel. The walk was not the easiest as it was up and downhill sometimes and along the road, but it was definitely worth it. One of the hotel guests met me there and we chilled at the beach for a while and later we ordered sangria. This one was not the best, but it was all right! We took some cool pictures and swam in the sea which was very clear and blue! Later we went back to the hotel and I was very tired so I took a little nap before dinner.

Cala Salada!

October 23rd: What a view!

This morning I decided to go up the mountain across the hotel again because the view is breathtaking and I absolutely love it! I can never take enough pictures here and I always try to take pictures with the timer and this worked quite well actually! Later I walked to Punta Galera and then I crossed a hidden beach and climbed up the rocks to get to a famous homeless guy here in Ibiza named Alex. He is a little famous here because he lives in a rock and there are cats and he has his own art which is pretty cool. I was impressed he even has pots to cook and he even talked to me for a bit. He is actually very nice! And if you think about it- isn't it pretty cool and so relaxed to live further from the 'real world' and not having anything to do with it! Sounds amazing to me! Later when I got back to the hotel and ate some dinner I went out with Gonzalo and Judith and some of our Dutch hotel guests and this was very nice!


Another great day with great people!

October 29th: Santa Eularia

Today I was off again and I decided to go for a run and do a workout first and then I was ready to walk to Sant Antonio. I didn't really know what I wanted to do today yet but I decided to walk to the bus station and randomly took the first bus that left. I saw it was going to Santa Eularia and I hadn't been there before so I was pretty excited. When I got there I decided to explore the nature and I went for a walk for 3 hours nonstop! As always I had to try a different path and it was a little scary sometimes because I was walking on a big rock but with a very small path and I could easily slip and fall all the way down the hill into the sea.. But luckily that didn't happen! The view was amazing again! I didn't want to stop walking but I was getting tired so I had to turn around and go back! And if something would happen to me here I wouldn't be able to do anything. No service, not other people, nothing! But, as I always say: 'No risk, no fun!' Later I walked through the center of Santa Eularia and bought a frozen yogurt and then I went to Sant Antonio to have dinner with my colleagues. This was very nice! Later we went out but I was so tired that I left at 2 AM.

Santa Eularia!

October 31st: Happy Halloween!

Today I didn't really have to work as there were no kids at the resort and it was the last day the hotel was opened. Because it was Halloween tonight I wanted to try some cool make-up. I asked Judith for help and she did a great job! It looked cool! I put on a dress and it looked nice! Later after work I took it of tho because my skin got very itchy. I decided to walk to the homeless guy again because it is a very peaceful place to be. I sat on the rock in the sea for 2 hours and let the waves come over me and this feeling was one of the best feelings ever! I actually got hurt when a very big wave pushed me against another rock, but I didn't care! My leg was bleeding quite a lot unfortunately and Alex even came to ask me if I needed something but I said the salty water would be fine probably! Later I went back to the hotel and watched the sunset on my way.

Amazing view again!

November 1st: FINALLY PEANUTBUTTER!

Today I finally ran half a marathon again! It was very heavy tho with all the hills here but I made it woohoo! Later Michelle came to pick me up from the hotel so I could help her with moving her stuff to her and her boyfriend's new house. Michelle is a Dutch girl who works for the reception at the hotel I worked in Ibiza! I enjoyed helping them and it was only a few mins walk to the new house. Their new house was much bigger and very nice inside! For lunch we had some bread and Michelle showed me the big jar of Calve (Best Dutch Peanutbutter ever). I jumped in the air! So excited to finally eat this again!! And it tasted like heaven! Omg! Really needed this! Later I cleaned up their stuff when they had to drive to the laundromat and they were very happy with this! They were so happy I helped them that they offered me to stay here for the last 3 nights I was in Ibiza. I really loved this so of course I said I wanted that! We went to the party at Stella Maris where all the staff of the hotel was drunk already at 6 PM as the party would actually only take until 7 PM. It was funny to see everyone drunk but some people were quite annoying so we didn't stay long. On our way back we got some dinner and then we went home.

Pindakaas!

November 2nd: Crazy Boomie!

Tuesday morning I went for a walk with Michelle's little dog, Boomie! She is a crazy little dog and she is full of energy and never seems to be tired! What a crazy thing! I was even running with her for a while but she wouldn't want to stop at all! Michelle really lives in the middle of know where I figured out, but the nature is beautiful! Today I helped Michelle all day with doing the laundry because they had mold in the old house so they wanted to make sure it wasn't on their clothes anymore. She was so happy with my help especially because she is pregnant. So nice she's having a baby next year!


Gekke Boomie!

November 3rd: The power of Es Vedra

On Wednesday we drove to Sant Antonio because Michelle had to go to work to turn in her work clothes at Stella Maris. After this we had lunch at a cute bakery named Harinus and then we drove home. When everything was cleaned up we drove to Es Vedra. So happy Michelle and her boyfriend wanted to drive here to show it to me. It was so beautiful! I couldn't describe what I saw. It is cool to check out the history of Es Vedra. It turns out this is the place (rocks) Ibiza gets its power and charm from! I was also very happy witht he pictures they took of me here! So cool! Later we went to the Lidl to do some groceries quick and then we cooked dinner. So sad to leave them tomorrow already! But I had a great time these last days and I am also excited to go home again


The power of Es Vedra!

November 4th: A very quick visit to Barcelona & home again!

Today it was time to go home. But I first had a stop in Barcelona for 8 hours because other flights were very expensive. I decided to go to the city and I thought I was able to leave my suitcase at the airport but due to covid this was not possible. So I struggled a lot to get this heavy thing in the city and then I finally found a spot to leave it for a few hours. It was a bike rental store and luggage storage so it was perfect. I walked around basically the whole city to see the Sagrada Familia, Arc de Triumph, Parc Guell and Parc Ciutadella. I finally had some churros after being in Spain for 4 months and I enjoyed the city the rest of the day. Then it was time to get my suitcase and go to the airport again. Later in the evening around 10 PM I finally arrived in Amsterdam. To my very big surprise not only my parents were waiting for me here, but also two of my best friends were standing there holding balloons saying 'Welcome home'! So nice of them! We drank something together and then one of them took the train home and my other friend drove back with us so we could drop her at home.


Barcalona and home again!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Dublin!

Helpful Travel tips!