Weekend trip to London!

Last weekend (January 15-17) I went to a London together with my friend Francisca. It was a very spontaneous trip and we booked it only a few days before as flights were so cheap! So nice to make a trip with her again finally after not seeing each other for 2 years! I had met her in New York in December 2019 as she was having an internship in the US. I've known her since I was 7 years old as we did ballet together and later we had singing lessons together, but we didn't see each other for 5 years when she moved. It was an amazing weekend trip together! Even though the beginning wasn't great at all... I'll describe everything in this blog! Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about my trip to London!

January 15th: London, Here we come!
'Today it was time for my first trip in 2022! So excited! Finally going to London! I couldn't resist the $24 round trip flight! But most of my friends are very busy with school, so I didn't know who I could ask to join me. I ended up just asking it in my story on instagram and pretty quick I got a reaction of my friend Francisca  that wanted to join me! Super cool because I hadn't seen her since we met in New York in December 2019! And now we would travel together again! She is a very lovely, funny and adventurous girl with a big passion for photography! I was excited to take pictures with her! I left to Eindhoven at 5:30 AM and at 7:30 we made it to the Airport as we took the bus for the last part! At 8:45 our flight should have departed, but at 9:15 we heard our flight was delayed due to foggy weather and later we heard our plane had landed in Cologne and we had to go there by bus. At 12:30 we finally made it to Cologne and at 14:45 we finally departed to London with a different plane. We were very exhausted and frustrated because we basically wasted 6 hours already. Also our covid-tests weren't delivered at the pick up place so this was another thing we were stressed about. Man what a day! When we arrived in London we took a bus to the city and had dinner at 'Itsu'. The noodle soup was delicious! We felt better after having a good meal so we decided to walk to the Big Ben and the London Eye. Both were very beautiful to see with all the lights! Unfortunately the Big Ben is still under construction but it was still cool to see it! Excited to see the rest of London tomorrow!'

6 hours later, but we made it to London!



January 16th: Let's explore London!
'Today I woke up very early as I wanted to go to the Harry Potter platform 9 3/4 and Francisca didn't really want to go there as she went to London a few times already and she didn't really like it! I still wanted to check it out and I also wanted to check if our covid-tests really weren't delivered at the pick up place we sent it to so I woke up at 6:15 and then walked there first. It was a little creepy in smaller streets as it was still very dark and unfortunately the pick-up place was still closed. Later I received an e-mail the tests were sent back to the company we ordered it from. I walked to the Harry Potter platform but in fact it was a little disappointing as it was just a wall saying the name of the platform and a shop with Harry Potter stuff. I walked back to our hotel and there I had breakfast with Francisca and we made a plan for the day as we really needed the covid test and results today... On our way to the London Bridge I contacted a different company and we picked up covid-tests there and got the results and a travel certificate in a few minutes luckily! Now we could finally enjoy the rest of our trip! We went to Hyde Park with the tube and from there we walked to Buckingham Palace. So funny to see the guards marching in front of the Palace! I didn't know those hats they are wearing are just made out of bearskin and it's pretty heavy! We grabbed a drink at a coffeeshop and later we walked to the Tower Bridge and got some sushi for lucnh. After this we walked over the bridge and took more pictures and then we walked to the St. Paul's Cathedral because there was a 'secret' elevator between two buildings which takes you to an amazing rooftop! We watched the amazing sunset here and after this we walked back to the Tower Bridge to end the day at another coffeeshop. After this we went to the hotel as we had to wake up at 2:30AM!!!'

Exploring the beauty of London!



January 17th: Time to go home...:(
'Beeeeep. Beeeeep. At 2:30 we had to wake up to get ready to go to the airport. Man. So early! I couldn't sleep at 8:30 PM already so I didn't get much sleep, but at least a few hours... We walked 15 mins to the bus stop and then we took the bus to Stratford. There we took another bus to get to the airport. When we got to the airport we could relax a bit before going through the security. Our flight to Eindhoven was very pretty as we could watch the sunrise. Those flights are definitely my favorite! Also flights during sunsets are amazing! I couldn't really sleep unfortunately as there was a baby crying all the time... I was so happy when I finally got home! Even though I was so tired I had to go to the gym. I missed it so much these past few weeks in the lock down that I didn't care I was tired! I had to go and so I did! 2,5 hours later when I got home I updated my polarsteps and blog and I created a real! Excited for my next trip! On Friday I am going to Dublin! Exciteddd!'


Time to go home already :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Dublin!

Work in Spain June 2021 - Nov. 2021

Helpful Travel tips!