Trip to Dublin!

 Last weekend (Jan. 21-23) I went to Dublin with my friend Lucia! I met her the last two weeks at my first hotel in Mallorca. She was our new chief entertainer there. I would have never expected to go on a trip with her as we weren't that close after I left to a new hotel, but we talked on Social Media sometimes and 2 weeks ago she asked me if I like weekend trips. I said I definitely did! This is why we started looking for possible cities to go to together. We ended up with Dublin as flights were very cheap and it looked like a cool city to check out. Dublin wasn't very high on my list of places I wanted to go to, but I was open for something different for sure! Luckily we went there, cause we had a blast! In this blog you can read all about my trip to Dublin!


(January 21st). Dublin, here we come!!!

'Yeah! Only home for 4 days since my trip to London, but I am totally ready for my next trip! Dublin here we come!! I drove to Eindhoven at 7:30 because I wanted to park my car at the same spot as last week as it was free and I would only have to walk a little and take the bus to the airport. Around 10 Lucia arrived and we went through the security and waited at the gate. At 111:30 we left and at 12:00 AM we arrived in Dublin (because of 1 hour time difference). We dropped our stuff at the hotel and then we rented a city bike to explore the city a bit. So weird that we had to ride the bikes on the left side of the road! But so funny! It was a little complicated in the beginning as we didn't know how the traffic rules worked here exactly. We went to Henrietta Street as this was supposed to be a pretty cool street where rich people used to live. Then we walked to the Hungry Tree, which was literally a tree that ate a bench as it grew over it. So cool! After this we biked to the Church Café and this was pretty cool as the inside looked like a church but actually was a bar. On our way to the Ha' Penny Bridge we saw a bubble waffle store and tried one. Delicious! Then we walked to Trinity College and on our way we passed the Molly Malone statue. Trinity College is a very cool place! It is huge so we will probably go back to check the old library tomorrow! After this we went to Temple Bar. One of the most famous Irish Pubs! The vibe in this place was absolutely amazing and I had never seen a pub like this! Covid doesn't seem to 'exist' here. There is live music everywhere you walk in the city and people are very happy and polite. We had dinner at the Old Mill which was very nice and then we walked to the famous café called 'The Hairy Lemon' which was cool. After this we walked to the Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral but it was to dark to see everything, so we will go there tomorrow. When we walked back to the hotel we saw 2 guys who were on the plane with us. Coincidentally, they stayed at the same hotel as us and even funnier- they had the room right next to us! So funny! I am so excited for tomorrow as pubs will be opened till 3:00 AM from tomorrow on! We came at the right time!

Dublin, here we are!

(January 22nd). Irish pubs are the best!

today was our second and unfortunately also our last full day in Dublin. What a magical city! Incredible what kind of energy the city has and how happy everyone seems to be here. Today I started my day early again as I wanted to go for a morning walk. at 7:30 I went to the Samuel Becket Bridge and I crossed it to check out the Irish pub called 'The Celt'. On my way I passed a grocery store so I bought some breakfast for my friend and I. My friend was still sleeping when I went on a walk and when I came back we ate our breakfast and then we were ready to go. We walked through Stephen Green park and then we made a stop at the National Museum of Ireland and the National Gallery. So many beautiful and ancient buildings here! I love it! Also a lot of very old churches which are cool to see! We walked through Trinity College to get to the Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral. Both amazing nd beautiful old buildings! After this we walked to the Brazen Head. This is the oldest Irish pub from 1198! Very lovely to see this pub! After this we went to the Leprechaun Museum to learn more about the history of the Leprechaun and what this little green man had to do with Ireland. This was very nice and funny as we were also 'Leprechauns' because there were huge chairs to make you feel like a Leprechaun. After this we went to the Guinness Store house as this was the most famous Irish Beer brewery but unfortunately we couldn't have a look inside or go to Gravity Bar as all tickets were sold out. We had lunch nearby and then we went back to Trinity College to go to the old library (Book of Kells). This library turned out to have 200.000 books! Insane to see the huge domes, ladders and shelves filled with countless books! After this great experience we went to the hotel to refresh ourselves and then we went to the Pubs. We ended up going to not only one, but 3 different pubs and there we met a lot of new people. French, German, Irish and also Dutch people! We had a blast and had an exhausting and long day, but at 2 we really had to go back to the hotel as we have to wake up at 5:00 AM to go to the airport tomorrow... Unbelievable how crowded the roads were on our way back. Totally filled with drunk people. Crazy! But also very funny to see this again finally!'


Pub Crawl!

(January 23rd). Time to go home again...

'This morning my alarm went of at 5:00 AM. Only 2 hours of sleep, but it was totally worth it! We had to get ready to go the bus. We had to run a little bit at the end as we were standing on the wrong side of the road of course... But at 5:45 we took the bus and at 6:30 we made it to the airport. We were pretty hungry as we hadn't eaten much since yesterday 4:00 PM because we went to the pubs, so we first bought some breakfast. at 8:45 we left to Eindhoven. Again a wonderful sunrise flight! And what an amazing weekend again! Super excited for my next trip. Don't know where and when yet tho!'

Love these flights so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work in Spain June 2021 - Nov. 2021

Helpful Travel tips!